The Halcyon Neighborhood Community Emergency Response Team is matching volunteers with people needing help.
If you need help due to the Coronavirus please reach out to us and we will attempt to match you with a volunteer. Volunteers may be able to pick up groceries and medications, check-in with you regularly by phone or text, or help in other ways
You can ask for help by
- Filling out this form (preferred)
- Emailing us HNACERT@gmail.com
- Calling us at (510) 200-8082 and leaving a message
To volunteer, please fill out this form [preferred] or email us at HNACERT@gmail.com
We also urge you to directly reach out to your neighbors by phone, text, email, handwritten notes or even, if you feel comfortable, a knock at the door.
Program Area and Notes
- This program is available to anyone who lives or works in the Berkeley, California, Halcyon neighborhood (the area defined by Woolsey St, Ashby Ave, Telegraph Ave, and Adeline St). If you live in an area bordering on Halcyon feel free to reach out and we’ll do what we can to include you.
- We will make an effort to confirm that all volunteers live or work in or near the Halcyon Neighborhood. However, this is an emergency, ad-hoc, volunteer program and both volunteers and recipients participate entirely at their own risk.
- Volunteers who are not currently part of Halcyon Community Emergency Response Team, please be prepared to present government-issued identification and some kind of proof of residency (like a utility bill) to be registered.
- The program is in operation now and will continue until no longer needed.