The Halcyon Commons Disaster Supply Cache contains items intended to benefit the entire neighborhood in the event of disaster (primarily first aid, search & rescue, and communications supplies plus items for command center setup in Halcyon Commons).
You can help us have what we need on hand in two ways:
(1) MOST NEEDED: Make a financial contribution for purchasing additional supplies by making a check out to either HNA (not tax deductible but gives us maximum flexibility and there is no overhead charge) or to Berkeley Partners for Parks, earmarked Halcyon (BPFP is our nonprofit fiscal sponsor, so a check through them is tax deductible but withholds 7% overhead). Mail or drop off your check in an envelope to HNA Treasurer Susan Hunter, 3044 Halcyon Court, Berkeley, CA 94705.
(2) Contribute any of the following items in-kind (supplies MUST be new or in EXCELLENT condition):
- Duct Tape (this is a versatile supply that allows us to improvise with common household items in the event of a disaster: lots needed!);
- Batteries (AA, C, D), regular & rechargeable; Battery Recharger for AA, C, D;
- Quality Walkie-Talkies with 8-mile range, 22 channels (i.e., Motorola Talkabout T5500 two-way radios);
- Axes; Crow Bars, Hard Hats;
- Other Tools for Search & Rescue;
- Head Lamps; Heavy-duty Flashlights;
- First Aid Supplies;
- Gas Siphon (for extracting gas from cars to run generator);
- Work Gloves;
- Coleman or similar Propane Stove;
- Two-Foot Lengths of 2x4s and 4x4s (good for cribbing and creating fulcrums for removing heavy objects during search & rescue operations).
Contact HNA Co-Chair and Cache Coordinator Nancy Carleton at email@example.com to contribute supplies.